Membership into the society shall consist of:-
- Original members who signed the application for registration
- New members subsequently admitted in accordance with these by-laws and whose names are entered in the register of members.
The following individuals who have fulfilled the membership conditions in accordance with these by-laws shall be eligible for membership:
- Original members who signed the application for registration provided that they comply with these by-laws;
- Employees of:
- World Vision International and its subsidiaries
- Vision Fund International and its subsidiaries
- Non-Governmental Organizations (local and International)
- Vision SACCO Society Limited and all its projects and subsidiaries
- A past member subject to approval by the management committee
- Corporate members who subscribe to these by laws and subject to the approval of the management committee and ratification at the next general meeting.
- Employees of registered, stable and reputable organizations provided in the membership policy and approved by the management committee.
- Spouses and children of members.
- Any person who may show interest of becoming a member and upon approval by the Management
QUALIFICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
A person who possesses either or all of the following shall qualify for membership:-
- Is within the field of membership.
- Has attained the age of 18 years.
- Is of good character and sound mind
- Pays the entrance fee and share capital as prescribed in these by-laws.
- He is a resident within the Society’s area of operation.
- He is an employee of the Society.
- Provided that no member shall belong to more than one Sacco society having similar objects.
- Spouses and children of members and any other person who seeks membership intyo the society shall be introduced by existing member.