Junior savings account is designed to enable parents plan for their children’s education through savings accumulation for a given period of time.
- Minimum monthly savings KES 1,000 (lump sums allowed)
- Minimum savings period: 2 years
- 4% interest per annum.
- Minimum interest earning balance: KES 5,000
- Account operated by parent or guardian (Child’s birth certificate required)
- Full withdrawal or part withdrawal allowed only after two years. Principal and interest amount not withdrawn will be rolled over to the next financial year.