APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
A new applicant for membership shall complete an “application for membership” form. This form shall be drawn to show all the information required for the purpose of registration of members.
MEMBERSHIP ADMISSION AND RE-ADMISSION
- An applicant shall be admitted to membership on application upon payment of an entrance fee of Kshs.1, 000 (one thousand) and for such other minimum shares as shall be fixed by the General Meeting from time to time.
- Upon admission the member’s name shall be entered in the membership register and a membership number issued.
- Members shall be admitted by the Management Committee subject to ratification at the next General Meeting.
- The member shall pay for a copy of the society’s by-laws at its actual cost to the society.
- A member who had voluntarily left the Society may re-apply for re-admission subject to the following conditions:-
- Pays a registration fee of Kshs. 1,000 (one thousand shillings).
- Pays a fine of Kshs. 5,000 (five thousand shillings)
- Undertakes to save with the society for at least 4 (four) months consecutively to qualify for loaning.
REFUSAL OF ADMISSION
- The Management Committee may refuse admission to a person after assigning reasons for their decision. Such a person, if otherwise eligible for membership, shall have the right to appeal at the next General Meeting through a member.
- Any such appeal must be supported by at least 10 active members and upon payment of a fee as may be prescribed in the membership policy. The decision of the General Meeting on the matter shall be final.